While it should be understood that I am not officially a financial advisor (yet!), I do have a knack for ensuring that everyone in my social group is informed when it comes to stock ideas. That being said, I recently revamped my own stock portfolio with some names that up until recently for compliance reasons related to certain employers, I am now able to own. The biggest cherry on the cake for all the stocks that I choose has a lot to do with a) do they pay a quarterly dividend, and b) is is consistently growing or always the same?
I must point out that I am not personally recommending that everyone go out and buy these stocks with no other considerations, but I do encourage everyone to consider these names simply based on their dividend payments and stability. It's up to you to determine if they belong in your portfolio or not, but here are 10 stocks (also outlined by Kiplinger) that demonstrate the power of the dividend!
1. Chevron (CVX), Dividend Yield 3.7%
2. Cisco Systems (CSCO), Dividend Yield 3.4%
3. NextEra Energy (NEE), Dividend Yield 2.9%
4. Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Dividend Yield 2.8%
5. United Parcel Service (UPS), Dividend Yield 2.7%
6. Microsoft (MSFT), Dividend Yield 2.5%
7. United Technologies (UTX), Dividend Yield 2.4%
8. J.P. Morgan Chase (JPM), Dividend Yield 2.2%
9. Union Pacific (UNP), Dividend Yield 2.3%
10. DuPont (DD), Dividend Yield 2.0%
Greetings, GradMoney Readers!
October 22, 2018
Which City Has the Richest Population?
September 12, 2018
CSRIC Fun Facts: Trees & Pollution
October 24, 2018
Search By Tags
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!